Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Thursday 1 October 2015

Monthly Faves - September 2015

They’re not handsome/pretty or friendly and they do not exercise self-control.  They ARE ugly, vicious, gritty and evil.  Vampires – just the way I like ‘em!
 
I’m a bit of a purist when it comes to my vampires.  I don’t want Edward and daywalkers – I want creatures of the night and fog … Stoker’s Dracula, Lon Chaney Jr.’s bat, Christopher Lee’s chill, Nosferatu and blood dripping off fangs.  Seize the Night” delivers on all counts.
 
My complete review HERE
 
 
 
 
Poor room service – bad weather – a one star hotel … these are all things that would make you describe a recent trip as “the vacation from hell” but Emily Loughty gets a totally unexpected vacation “in Hell” … not so affectionately referred to as “the Down” by it’s unfortunate residents.
 
My complete review HERE

 
After my reading meltdown yesterday I wanted to read something that made me feel good.  Something light and maybe even a little fluffy?  I have had this book sitting on my shelf for a couple of weeks and it seemed to fit the bill. 
 
I requested this book solely based on the cover – I love it!  Oh, don’t roll your eyes, I KNOW I am not the only person to do that.  As it turned out, I loved the book too.
 
My complete review HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment