Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Wednesday 17 February 2016

#ThingsFoundinBooks

Being a frequent library patron I have often found interesting things tucked into books, I am assuming as bookmarks, and then forgotten about ... credit card receipts, grocery receipts, greeting cards ... the list goes on.  I recently came across #ThingsFoundinBooks on Facebook.  Working in a used bookstore, especially one that deals with really old books, obviously leads to a treasure trove of "found" items.  These were some of the ones I found interesting.

Obviously, not having loaned books returned has been a problem through the ages ...


This postcard requesting "one cent postage" ... ahhhh ... those were the days!



A 1947 letter to someone who ordered a book from Penguin ... being informed of a change in policy and the fact that postage has gone up to 5 cents.


A to-do list.  Wedding and 3 onions?


A poem or a quote from the book?  I'm not sure which.


No comments:

Post a Comment