Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Thursday 6 August 2015

My Favorite Reads - July 2015



I picked up this book purely on a whim.  I have a few red-haired people in my life so I thought it would be an interesting read.  And, a couple of years ago, before making “THE BIG DECISION” I read a book about going gray.  If nothing else, I do want to be an equal opportunity reader!

“The study of hair, I found out, does not take you to the superficial edge of our society, the place where everything silly and insubstantial must dwell.  It takes you, instead, to the center of things.”  (Grant McCracken, “Big Hair”, 1995)

My complete review HERE





Having enjoyed the tale of their cross-country journey, from California to Maine, with 25 dogs, 3 RV’s and a group of volunteers in “Dogtripping” I was looking forward to reading this book.  It was a quick read (two evenings and a few cups of coffee) because the book is written in a very casual style … simply reminiscences of all the dogs he’s loved before and what each of them (including Tara) taught him.  This book made me laugh, made me cry, sometimes made me angry and, often, made me shake my head in wonder.  Mr. Rosenfelt writes this book with the wit and humor I have come to expect, his (usually self deprecating) sarcasm, with honesty (ahem … we’ll talk about the wolf another time) and with lots and lots of love. 

My complete review HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment