Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Saturday 31 October 2015

Monthly Faves - October 2015

Wow, you would think it would be back to back to back spooky reads on this post this month?  Instead, its a pretty ecclectic mix of non-fiction, humor and of course the obligatory spooky read for October.
UNFAIR:  THE NEW SCIENCE OF CRIMINAL INJUSTICE by Adam Benforado

It’s not too often I use the word “brilliant” in writing a book review, but in the case of “Unfair” I have to say that it is nothing short of that description … brilliant.  There are any numbers of books available on the subjects of false confessions, wrongful convictions and the flaws in both police practices and the court system.  I have read several and, in my opinion, “Unfair” is the cream of the crop.  If you read only one book on the subject this should be the book you choose.  
My complete review HERE




GHOST STORY by Jeff Brackett
 
I’ll start this review by saying that I started reading this story this morning with my coffee and then was almost late for work.  I did not want to stop reading until the end.  But that’s okay, its “Casual Friday” – who needs to do make-up and hair anyway?
My complete review HERE









SECONDHAND SOULS by Christopher Moore

I don’t even know where to start on a synopsis for this book?  This sequel to “A Dirty Job” is an “everything but the kitchen sink” kind of book brilliantly pulled together by the twisted mind of Christopher Moore.  He just makes it work and makes me laugh through the whole thing.
My complete review HERE
 

No comments:

Post a Comment